John Urschel, the Penn State All-American guard who claimed the 2013 William V. Campbell Trophy from the National Football Foundation (NFF) as college football’s premier scholar-athlete, is among the 19 semifinalists for the 84th Sullivan Award, presented by the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) to America’s top amateur athlete.
Life was good for the Nittany Lions going into Monday night’s showdown against No. 9 Denver. They won 14 consecutive road games and were ranked fifth in the USILA poll, the highest ranking in team history.
Just what will it take for the Gophers to slip into the NCAA tournament? CBS bracketologist Jerry Palm discusses.
TAMPA, Fla. – The No. 27 Penn State men’s tennis team dropped a 4-3 result against #47 the University of South Florida on Tuesday in Tampa at the USF Varsity Tennis Courts. The Nittany Lions won the doubles point with victories at No. 2 and No. 3 doubles. Penn State also won two singles matches.
Penn State’s lead in InterMat’s tournament power index rankings narrowed considerably after the Big Ten tournament.The Nittany Lions hold a 91-89 lead over Iowa in this week’s ratings. Minnesota checks in at 78 and Oklahoma State 73.The NCAA will release…
Whether needed or not, there have been a number of different masks in sports over the years. With nearly every single hockey goalie adding personality and a unique style to their masks by getting customized graphics on them, the game has definitely stepped up. But they aren’t the only ones who are protecting their faces [...]
Starting jobs certainly aren’t won and lost during spring practice but it does have an impact on the depth chart heading into summer. A strong spring helps set the foundation for the summer and below are five Nittany Lions who will be worth keeping an eye on this spring.
Six days until Selection Sunday!
NASHVILLE — Vanderbilt has finished the past two seasons ranked in the Top 25. Now the Commodores are preparing for spring practice with a new coach in Derek Mason and trying to build off their recent success.”I know that we have a football team that won and knows what it is to win,” Mason said [...]
Penn State Latest News Updates
- Penn State's John Urschel named a semifinalist for Sullivan Award
- Denver ends road winning streak for Penn State men's lacrosse
- Jerry Palm on the Gophers in the BT tournament: "Beating just one [team] might not be enough"
- MEN'S SPORTS
- No. 1 Nittany Lion wrestlers hold 2-point rankings advantage over Iowa
- Ranking the Coolest Sports Masks
- Five Penn State football players to keep an eye on this spring
- Roundup: True Detective Season Ends, Photo of Man in an Alligator Cape & Spring Break Knockout
- New Vandy football coach ready for start of spring practice
- On the Docket Pittsburgh: 3/11/14
- Press Conference: Coaches discuss postseason potential
- Administration goes to Harrisburg to argue for funding
- Team Report – HOUSTON TEXANS
- Local athletes in college: Brett Knief cleanup for Florida State
- LATEST NEWS
- Men’s volleyball team comes out victorious
- Penn State's D.J. Newbill named All-Big Ten Conference second team
- Interview with Dottie Sandusky, John Ziegler airing on Wednesday
- Three AAU teammates see plenty of recruiting interest
- Penn State wrestlers take 1-point lead into Sunday's Big Ten finals
- College basketball notebook: Kane (Big 12), McConnell (Pac-12) pick up postseason basketball honors
- Forde Minutes: With the Madness in sight, here's what you need to know
- Solid indoor track season has Kidder ready for nationals
- UB women’s soccer adds coach
- No Matter Where They Play, The Huskies Will Be Tough To Beat
- Uplifting Athletes host Gridiron Gala
- Tennessee Vols' Josh Richardson relishes defending at 'elite level'
- Jason Babin voids contract to become free agent; Red Bryant picked Jaguars over several other teams
- Preparations begin for Owls on Hill
- Penn State's Franklin cherishes memories of time spent in Pittsburgh
- Area colleges proactive in suicide prevention
- Wrestling: Cumberland Valley's TC Warner selected for Dapper Dan Wrestling Classic
- Drinking problem: Colleges struggle to deal with rowdy St. Patrick's Day parties
- Gophers basketball: Andre Hollins, Mathieu named All-Big Ten honorable mention
- What the Big Ten tournament means for your team
- LSU's Rob Bolden taking switch to wide receiver in stride: Notebook
- Gary Harris, Adreian Payne Make All Big Ten Teams
- Good morning, sports fans: Former Penn State quarterbacks continue to struggle; Big Ten basketball honors for D.J …
- South Carolina seeks large offensive lineman; Clemson looks at junior college for defensive players
- Lure of big game alters NCAA football
- Bradford Y swimmers place 12th at district meet
- MEN'S SPORTS
- Lawmakers want to allow state schools to secede
- Roundup: No. 2 Terps women's lacrosse edges No. 3 Syracuse, 12-10
- Lineup change noticed
- Nunn is no longer mystery to foes
- The Morning Line, 2/28 (Howard Mitchell edition)
- Big Ten Basketball Honors
- Giants release center David Baas; Chris Snee takes pay cut
- Kaminsky at top of Badgers' honor roll
- Poll Attacks
- For U, it's all about the O
- 3-point stance: Texas two-step
- Rob Bolden's LSU position switch ties up final chapter of collegiate struggles for trio of former Penn State QBs
- University officials aim to increase alumni giving